You are here: >Main Menu >TriTrans Forum
[Reply to this message]
From: LeeDate: 21/11/2014-22:34
Can anyone help me understand when I should use det, det som and hva
when in English I would simply use "what" or rarely "that which"?
1. Jeg ville høre HVA han hadde å fortelle - I wanted to hear WHAT he had
2. Ingen kan gi oss tilbake DET SOM allerede er vårt - no one can give us
back WHAT / THAT WHICH is already ours.
3. Det var DET SOM skjedde der og da - that is WHAT happened then and
4. Jeg vil kaste den i elven, silk at vannet kan slukke DET ilden har skrevet
- I will throw it in the river so that the water can extinguishes WHAT the fire
What are the grammatical rules surrounding how I should use DET, HVA
and DET SOM?
Thanks for helping :)